Top reasons why you should use CMS WordPress
I have experience working in a CMS WordPress for an Australian client in the past. Recently, I got myself involved in another project for a startup company. To fresh up my mind, We do some research and come up with 11 reasons why you should use WordPress. As you go through these, I hope you learn a lot.
Top reasons why you should use CMS WordPress:
WordPress is a type of Content Management System (CMS) that manages any type of digital information like text, photos, videos, and videos.
- Matt Cutts from Google’s Web Spam Team Head has mentioned that WordPress take care 80-90% of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Every website needs traffic from Google, therefore its wise to follow something they like and recommend!
- According to CMS (Content Management System) Usage Statistics, WordPress is one of the most popular, amounting to 52% of usage across the Internet.
- It is open source and almost free of cost. Apart from being beneficial for big corporates, it can be helpful for start-ups company as well. You only have to pay for hosting and domain name.
- You can use themes and plugins to control the way your site looks and functions. A theme is an already built template that you can use to enhance or change the look of your website completely. A plugin is a software code that is packaged and contains certain set of functions that can be added to a website.
- It is search engine friendly, but it requires work to make it SEO optimized. By just switching to WordPress your website would not automatically rank on Google. However, you can easily add additional SEO elements into it.
- It is made to be mobile friendly. You can easily use plugins to make it mobile responsive.
- There is a simple learning curve. You will find it is relatively easier to learn compare to another CMS, like Drupal and Joomla.
- It helps to provide a good user experience. If your website visitors are happy on their first visit. Most of them will visit again.
- It has security features that can be added using the popular Word Fence plugin. This will protect and secure your website from unauthorized access and hackers.
- It can handle variety of different media types. It can handle text content, images, videos and audios. Basically, it is all about your creativity, how you want to project your content to the world.
- You can use it to create multiple types of websites. Whether you want to create a CMS WordPress for your small business, an ecommerce website to sell online, a membership sites or create a personal blog.